TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF BIZFILE (PART 1)
1. Thank you for using the BizFile website ("this Website").
2. By accessing and using any part of this Website, you shall be deemed to have accepted to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you perform a transaction through this Website, you shall be deemed to have accepted to be legally bound by the "ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PERFORMING A TRANSACTION THROUGH BIZFILE (PART 2)" in relation to your transaction.
3. If you do not agree to the Privacy Statement or these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this Website.
4. These Terms and Conditions of Use may be changed from time to time without notice. All changes will be posted on this page, and your use of this Website after such changes have been posted will constitute your agreement to the modified Terms and Conditions of Use and all of the changes. You should therefore read this page carefully each time you visit this Website.
5. The data provided through BizFile and in the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (hereinafter "ACRA")'s business information products is for corporate transparency purposes and to facilitate ease of doing business. Use of such data for ill-intentioned and/or illegal purposes may render you liable for an offence under the laws of Singapore or elsewhere. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure that the information provided is updated and correct, ACRA disclaims any liability for any damage or loss that may be caused as a result of any error or omission.
6. This Website is owned and operated by ACRA.
7. The materials located on this Website, including the information as well as any software programs available on or through this Website ("the Contents"), are protected by copyright, trademark, intellectual property rights and other forms of proprietary rights. All rights, title and interest in the Contents are owned by, licensed to or controlled by ACRA.
Restrictions on Use of Materials
8. Except as otherwise provided, the Contents of this Website shall not be reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise distributed in any way, without the prior written permission of ACRA.
9. You may download one copy of any information provided in this Website onto a single electronic device for your own personal non-commercial use provided that you keep intact all accompanying copyright and other proprietary notices.
10. Modification of any of the Contents or use of the Contents for any other purpose will be a violation of ACRA's copyright and other intellectual property rights. Graphics and images on this Website are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without the written permission of their respective owners.
11. You must not use this Website or your CorpPass/SingPass for any unauthorised or unlawful purpose.
12. You are fully responsible for the security of your CorpPass/SingPass and password and all transactions and/or enquiries made through this Website with your CorpPass/SingPass (whether or not such transactions and/or enquiries are made with your knowledge or consent).
13. You must immediately report to ACRA if you know or suspect that your CorpPass/SingPass has been used by someone else without your permission or your CorpPass/SingPass password has been compromised.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
14. The Contents of this Website are provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind. ACRA does not make any representations or warranties whatsoever. To the fullest extent permitted by law, ACRA does not warrant and hereby disclaims any warranty, whether express, implied or statutory, to you or any third party in relation to the use or access of this Website, including but not limited to any warranty:
a. as to the accuracy, correctness, completeness, reliability, currentness, timeliness, non-infringement, title, quality, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of the Contents of this Website;
b. that the Contents available through this Website or any functions associated therewith will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected or that this Website and the server is and will be free of all viruses and/or other harmful elements.
15. To the fullest extent permitted by law, ACRA shall also not be liable to you or any third party for any damage or loss of any kind, howsoever caused as a result (direct or indirect) of:
a. the use of this Website, including but not limited to any damage or loss suffered as a result of reliance on the Contents contained in or available from the Website,
b. any system, server or connection failure, malfunction, error, omission, delay in transmission or communication, interruption, internet access difficulties or computer virus,
c. any breach of the security, authenticity, integrity or confidentiality of any transaction or communications made through the Website by CorpPass/SingPass or otherwise.
16. The Contents on this Website do not constitute financial or other professional advice. If financial or other professional advice is required, services of a competent professional should be sought.
Right of Access
17. ACRA reserves the right to update or modify this Website (including any information or features) at any time, without notice or liability on ACRA's part. ACRA further reserves all rights to deny or restrict access to this Website to any particular person, or to block access from a particular Internet address to this Website, at any time, without giving any reasons whatsoever.
18. ACRA may at any time suspend the operations of this Website or all or any part of the services for any period of time without any prior notice for updating, upgrading, system maintenance or otherwise.
19. ACRA may modify, remove, edit or withdraw any of the Contents or services offered on this Website without giving any prior notice or reason.
Links from this Website to Other Websites
20. This Website contains hyper-links to websites which are not maintained by ACRA. ACRA is not responsible for the contents of those websites and shall not be liable for any damages or loss arising from, or incidental to, your or any third party's access to or reliance on those websites. Use of the hyper-links and access to such linked websites are entirely at your or any third party's own risk.
21. All hyper-links to other websites are provided as a convenience to you as a user of this Website. ACRA is not responsible for the content of these other websites. In no circumstances shall ACRA be considered to be associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on websites to which this Website is linked.
22. ACRA reserves the right to change the URL of this Website.
Links to this Website from Other Websites
23. Except as set forth below, caching and links to, and the framing of, this Website or any of the Contents are prohibited.
24. Linking to the Home Page - You may link to the Home Page of this Website, upon notifying ACRA in writing.
25. Hyper-Linking to an internal page of this Website (not being the Home Page): you must make a specific request for, and secure written permission from ACRA prior to hyper-linking to, or framing of, this Website or any of the Contents, or engaging in similar activities. ACRA reserves the right to impose conditions when permitting any hyper-linking to, or framing of, this Website or any of the Contents.
26. Your linking to, or your framing of, this Website or any of the Contents constitutes agreement to the Privacy Statement and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Use. This is deemed to be the case even after the posting of any changes or modifications to the Privacy Statement or these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree with the Privacy Statement or do not accept these Terms and Conditions of Use, you must discontinue linking to, or framing of this Website or any of the Contents.
27. In no circumstances shall ACRA be considered to be associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on websites that link to this Website or any of the Contents.
28. ACRA reserves all rights to disable any links to, or frames of, any site containing inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topics, names, material or information, or material or information that violates any written law, any applicable intellectual property, proprietary, privacy or publicity rights.
29. ACRA reserves the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames and disclaims any responsibility for the content available on any other site reached by links to or from this Website or any of the Contents.
30. These Terms and Conditions of Use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts in relation to any dispute as to the Terms and Conditions.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PERFORMING A TRANSACTION THROUGH BIZFILE (PART 2)
1. If you perform a transaction through this Website, you shall be deemed to have accepted to be legally bound by these "ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PERFORMING A TRANSACTION THROUGH BIZFILE (PART 2)" in relation to your transaction.
2. You agree:
a. to follow and accept all instructions and information in this Website when performing a transaction;
b. to provide information which is true, current, correct, complete and accurate when performing a transaction;
c. not to perform any speculative, false or fraudulent transaction;
d. to pay all fees (if any) in respect of your transaction;
e. that it is your responsibility to inform ACRA of any data discrepancies (e.g. inaccurate/out-dated data);
f. that it is your responsibility to declare the correctness/completeness of the data that is or will be submitted to ACRA; and
g. ACRA and the data source agency (if any) are not liable for any damage or loss caused to you due to any data errors.
3. If you choose to make an application or send ACRA an email providing ACRA with your personal data, ACRA may, if necessary, share your personal data with other Government agencies, or with non-Government entities which have been authorised by ACRA for the purpose of carrying out the services under BizFile, so as to provide the said services to you in the most efficient and effective way, unless such data sharing is prohibited by law.
Your responsibility to supply ACRA with the latest data
4. For your convenience, ACRA may display to you data you had previously supplied to ACRA or other Government agencies. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be inaccurate or out-of-date, please supply ACRA with the latest data. ACRA will retain the data only as necessary for the effective delivery of public services to you.
Your responsibility to ensure correctness and completeness of data
5. You shall ensure that all information submitted to ACRA is complete, accurate, true and correct. Where supporting documents are requested / needed, you should ensure all information submitted to ACRA is consistent with the supporting documents. Failure to do so may results in delay in processing or rejection of the application. You may be liable for costs incurred due to out of date, false, incomplete, inaccurate or incorrect information submitted.
Right of Rejection
6. ACRA reserves the right to cancel or reject your transaction without refund or paying any compensation to you if any transaction details or communication you have provided is not current, incomplete, inaccurate, incorrect or false.
7. ACRA will not be liable for any loss, injury, claims, actions, costs or other damage which you suffer arising from or incidental to your performing a transaction or communications made through this Website (including non-receipt by ACRA of your application, delay in operation or transmission, communications failure, internet access difficulties or malfunctions in equipment or software) unless such loss, injury, claims, actions, costs or other damage arises from ACRA's negligence or default.
8. While every care is taken by ACRA in providing the BizFile, ACRA disclaims all liability whatsoever, and no warranty is given that access to the BizFile will be provided uninterrupted or free from error or that any identified defect will be corrected and ACRA disclaims all liability for any direct, incidental or consequential damage or loss, that may result from such interruptions or errors or defects, including but not limited to:
a. any loss of, or any inability to retrieve, any data or information however caused as a result of any interruption, suspension or termination of service; or
b. any inaccuracy in the information presented, used or transmitted through the BizFile.
9. Where appropriate, ACRA will use available technology to protect the security of transactions and communications made through this Website. However, ACRA does not accept responsibility for the authenticity or integrity of any transactions or communications made through this Website.
10. ACRA shall not be liable for damages of any kind arising from, or incidental to, its failure or delay in performing any or all of its obligations if such failure or delay is due to circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control.
11. ACRA may vary these Additional Terms and Conditions at any time without notice and without liability on ACRA's part.
12. If you are buying a product from our iShop, the amount is payable regardless of whether a mistake is made when entering the search information. Please check your entries before proceeding to make payment.
13. All payments made are non-refundable.
14. If you do not receive your order within 3 days after you have successfully made payment, please forward the following information to www.acra.gov.sg/enquiry; your name, date of request, receipt number and transaction number.
15. The links for downloading purchased products will expire after 7 days from the date of purchase. No further extensions will be made and no replacement copies will be provided after the expiry date.
16. Please take note of any applicable obligations under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 when you use the information.
17. These Additional Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts in relation to any dispute as to the Additional Terms and Conditions.